Monday 6 May 2013

Problematic Provera

 
Hormone tests
 
 
After the Gynae Clinic appointment I had to start taking a drug called Provera.
For the first month I had to take 3 a day for 5 days then wait until I had a period which was 5 days later, during the period I had to go and have bloodtest number 1.
 
Then after that Period I had to count 21 days from when I took the last tablet and then take the 5 days of tablets again, wait for the period and then have a bloodtest on the 21st day of my cycle.
 
I got myself so confused that I ended up having blood taken on the wrong day and had to go back again for another! (one I could've done without having! lol)
 
 
If you ever have to have this done make sure that you count 21 days from the first day of your period and not 21 days from the last day like I stupidly did!
 
 
I had read about women who had been on Provera and had had really bad side effects but I can't say that I had any.
 
I was emotional but as people around me know that's nothing new for me! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I had to take Provera (for the first time) this month because after taking Clomid my period just refused to show up.
    I found the same as you, I didn't have any side effects (thank goodness) I'd read on the internet that women have awful side effects so I was worried.

    I also found which day to have tests confusing. I think when you go to a fertility clinic they don't make the instructions easy enough. It was so much to take in and at every stage I've ended up searching the internet for answers for things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you totally..the instructions are not clear at all. We asked the doctor to write it down when he first explained it but I could'nt read his writing either!
      So pointless!

      Delete