Monday 6 May 2013

Emotional Rollercoaster

 
January 2012
 
 
We had our first appointment with the Gynae Unit on the 24th January 2013. I was really stressed out about it as I didn't have a clue what to expect and to make it worse the doctor was running late so we had to sit for an hour and a half in the waiting room.

When we were finally called in the doctor just asked general questions about my health and my menstural cycle history.


He then wanted to do internal investigations!
Without going into too much detail it was to check that the womb is in the correct place and make sure that there are no underlying problems, all I can say is that after that having the smear done is a doddle.
This was probably the most traumatic and degradeable thing I have had to experience so far.
(I'm really sorry for anyone who is reading this and may have to have it done! It may not be as bad for others but I am giving my honest opinion)

When we left all I wanted to do was cry my eyes out, I felt so crap!

He had given us more test forms too...Kenny had to repeat his test and I had to go for more scans plus take tablets to induce menstural cycles.

No comments:

Post a Comment