Monday 6 May 2013

Dates with the Vampires!

I think that when I first went to the doctor I expected them to just give me a pill and send me on my way! How wrong was I??

The first of many tests I have had done are blood tests and although I seem to have had so many I've lost count, I know that these will continue now even once I am put on treatment as they can find out so much from just blood alone! (I did say to Kenny at one point that I think they are either drinking it or I've got a really rare blood type that they need more of! ha ha)

Originally they were just testing a few hormone levels and my thyroid, from there I was sent to have another to test for Aids, Hepatitis and some other things that I can't remember the names of which all came back clear.
I'm guessing that they just rule out as many things as possible!

So then I was told that they would need to do the external scan to look at my ovaries and off I went for that appointment!

1 comment:

  1. I love the title of this post, it's so appropriate! I've felt like that about blood tests too, I've lost count of how many. It hasn't been too bad since being on Clomid so far. I think maybe it depends on the doctors preferences. I have to have one or two tests towards the end of the month to try and pick up whether my progesterone levels indicate that ovulation has happened.

    It made me smile you saying you expected to be given a pill and sent on your way, because I can relate to that. I think I felt similar. I thought it would be more simple and quicker and I couldn't believe it when they sent me away with all these blood request forms and said i'd have to wait before starting any treatment. It's become such a waiting game. The time does suddenly speed up though once you get started. Good luck with everything :) xx

    ReplyDelete