Tuesday 7 May 2013

Thanks for That!

The next Scan!

During the 3 months of taking Provera I also had to go and have another scan as the doctor at the Gynae Unit wanted another opinion.
So off I went up to the hospital for this scan which just so happened to be in the maternity unit. I mean talk about being insensitive, there I was sat in the waiting room with a bunch of pregnant women..it felt like someone was rubbing it in my face.
One by one they were going in and coming out all happy and there I was dreading what I was about to have done and knowing that all I would get to see on the screen is my friggin ovaries!!! I really wanted to stand up and scream at everyone who was in that room, I can't tell you how much I had to stop myself from crying!
So then I was called in........I first had the external ultrasound as I had done before at my doctors and the nurse said that she couldn't see any problems with my ovaries. Yes there were a couple of small cysts but she said that all women have a few and that's natural.
She told me that I would need to have the internal ultrasound as this gets a closer look and she would be able to give me a better decision on if I had Polycystic Ovaries or not.
I guess I was kind of relieved that it was a women doctor doing this as it's bad enough having it done without it being a man.
The internal scan wasn't quite as bad as I'd imagined, it didn't really hurt, was just uncomfortable but I tried to concentrate on the screen and the nurse talked me through what she could see.
I've put a link below for anyone who wants to read more about this ultrasound, there's images of the machine used, etc.
The outcome was that she didn't think that my ovaries had enough cysts to warrant diagnosis of Polycystic Ovaries and so I was sent on my way!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's awful about having the scan in the same place as pregnant women... completely heartbreaking. :(
    It's good they found you don't have pcos though (I got confused earlier when I was commenting and thought you had, sorry!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's ok, to be honest I don't think they know if I have it or not. I've read a lot about it and although it's associated more with people who are on the bigger side it does say that you can be underweight and have it too....so I suppose it's a possibility. x

    ReplyDelete