Wednesday 7 August 2013

Clomid Round 1 - Big Fat Fail!

 

8am - Follicle scan in the Maternity Ultrasound Unit.

 
I guess even when you think something has not worked there's that little bit of hope in the back of your mind telling you that you might be wrong.
I did this and then felt worse when told what I knew I would hear!
 
I rocked up at my Ultrasound feeling really really nervous and this time it wasn't because of the procedure, it was because I wanted to hear some good news...that I had responded well to the treatment.
If only life was that simple!
 
First I get into the department and its packed with pregnant women again, (I don't really know why I didn't see that coming, I mean it is a MATERNITY ultrasound unit after all) and then the receptionists are really rude and too busy having a chat to take my papers.
So I give a cough..."helllllllooooooo I am waiting"
Nothing!
Rudeness is not something I take lightly at 8am in the morning, when really nervous, really stressed and slightly hungry!
 
"hello, I've got...."
 
"WE'RE NOT READY YET, TAKE A SEAT"  one of the nurses abruptly tells me.
 
That's pretty much how my day began and ended...abrupt, horrible and miserable.
 
When I eventually did get seen the nurse took me into the room, explained the procedure (which I know well enough by now to talk myself through if need be) and then began.
I could tell from the questions that she was asking that it was not good.
I also heard her mention that the follicles on both sides were small......
 
Afterwards I had to wait an speak with the doctor about the results and it was then that I was told that the follicles were small and that the lining of my womb was too thin!
She mentioned maybe having to have injections to trigger ovulation but we wouldn't need to think about that yet.
 
One thing I've learnt already through this is that I don't listen very well to what I am being told.....I manage to grasp bits and pieces but not all of it.
Maybe I should ask the doctors if I can record the conversation lol
 
In the end the general outcome was that it didn't look like I was going to ovulate and even if I did the womb lining would be too thin, so I have got to take baby aspirin every day now and do another cycle of 50mg Clomid to see if that works!
 
Feeling a little bit deflated!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment