Friday 21 June 2013

Stupid Body!

Okay so I think I should explain in more detail what 'double womb' actually is.

The doctor said double womb which gave us the initial impression that I had two completely separate wombs which is not right. (Although I have read that it is possible!)



From left to right:  A normal Uterus/womb and then the next 3 pictures are of accurate, subseptate and septate wombs!

The doctor is not sure to which extent mine is yet but it's definatley one of them as it showed up in the hsg.
(I've attached a HSG image what it kind of looks like that I found on someone elses blog) 
Just to clarify THIS IS NOT MY ACTUAL UTERUS! but it is very similar.


Because there is a wall dividing the womb it can cause problems with the development of a baby and can cause misscarriage.....
 HOWEVER..
Since reading about this I have come across many people who have had this condition and gone on to have a normal happy pregnancy with a healthy baby at the end.

So for now I hold onto hope...and I'm trying to stay positive about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment