Sunday 6 April 2014

Waiting by the telephone for a call that never comes and an MRI

It's been an eventful past month or so. The recovery period after the Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy was longer than I thought it would be, it took in total about 3 weeks for me to feel back to myself again.
At one point my stomach was so bruised that I thought maybe the doctors had given me a bit of a kick in whilst under anesthetic.








This picture (to the right) is about 2 weeks post op and the bruising was starting to go down.










I waited and waited for a call from the doctor regarding the op details but didn't get one. Instead the receptionist rang me and said that they had booked me an MRI for in a few weeks time, I asked her why I was going for this and she couldn't tell me.





So off I went back to that horrid hospital to have an MRI aswell now.

It was over quickly and a walk in the park compared to the other investigations I've had to have done.

I wish all of the tests could be that easy. 

I asked if the nurses could tell me what they had seen but they said that they were not allowed and that all they could say was that they had got some really good images.

I really feel that the hospital and staff let me down during and after the op, there was no compassion for how I was feeling and they left me searching for answers to all my questions on the internet.
This made me worse as I read that normally they only do MRI's on the Uterus if they feel that there is a problem with the alignment of the pelvis or if the uterus is tilted severely.
I had convinced myself that there was a problem and that I would never be able to carry a child let alone conceive one.

I think the last 6 weeks have possibly been some of the worst of my life so far.....I can't even explain how I felt and my head was all over the place, I didn't want to do anything, go anywhere or see anyone. I struggled to do normal daily activities as all I could think about was the results. I've had really bad panic attacks over ridiculous things and I'm sure that it's all the stress causing it.






No comments:

Post a Comment