Tuesday 30 July 2013

Keep Calm and Carry on with Clomid!


It's strange how I've been waiting for this for so long... yet now I am faced with the prospect of it all I am terrified!
I couldn't wait to start the treatment before but gradually as it has got nearer to 'the day it begins' I have wound myself up so much with negativity that I had convinced myself that I didn't want to take the tablets.
The mixture of emotions is a really scary thing! On one hand I was feeling happy that this could work and I could potentially be pregnant within the next couple of months, but on the other hand I was thinking about what the doctor said about possibly misscarrying.
I also then started thinking "wow I could actually be a mum by next year" ....."do you really want this Rachel? do you? do you?"........."all that pain, sleepless nights". 
Luckily after talking through it with others and sorting myself out, I got up this morning and bit the bullet as they say!
I rang the ultrasound department and booked my appointment for my follicle scan and then went and immediatley took my first 50mg Clomid tablet.

So this is it....Round 1 of clomiphene begins.

Fingers crossed x

No comments:

Post a Comment